This statement outlines the way in which AGAPI Care handles the privacy and confidentiality of personal information.
• As a registered provider of Disability Services, AGAPI Care collects and handles a range of personal information.
• Personal information is described as information that directly or indirectly identifies a person.
• AGAPI Care is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information in accordance with our responsibilities and the relevant Commonwealth and State laws.
• When we collect information, we will tell you:
– What information we are collecting
– Why we want the information, and
– How we use the information
• We ask your permission to share information or before talking to other providers about your care.
• If you want to see your records to correct or change your information you can contact AGAPI Care directly:
AGAPI Care Inc
537 High St Preston, 3072
03 9471 1231
• If there is a privacy breach, we will let you know and talk to you about how to manage the situation. We might need to report a serious breach to the NDIS Commission or the Australian Information Commissioner.
• If you have a privacy complaint, please contact AGAPI Care directly. If the complaint cannot be resolved, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
1300 363 992
www.oaic.gov.au (online complaint form)
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
1800 035 544
(online complaint form)