Working at AGAPI Care
Learning & Development
AGAPI Care Inc recognises the importance of ongoing learning and development for all staff and in particular staff that provide direct client care and support. Our three year Staff Training and Development Plan is a strategic document and provides training and development initiatives to be undertaken by staff at all levels, volunteers and the Committee of Management.
We believe that the concept of ‘training’ and ‘development’ incorporates skill development, as well as a broadening of knowledge and understanding. We encourage our staff to take a broad view of learning and to recognise the learning that is achieved through individual and group action learning.
Professional development, career development and training needs, programs and activities are assessed and identified with staff via our annual staff performance, planning and review process.
We support our staff to achieve their learning goals through a wide range of learning strategies that fit with their learning styles. These could include reading, scenario/workshop discussions, projects as well as more formal accredited and non-accredited training and development sessions.
Benefits for employees
Flexible working arrangements
Salary packaging options (for permanent staff)
Professional development and training
Maternity and parental leave (government paid)
Mentoring and coaching program
Employee Assistance Program
Staff incentive program
Inclusive work environment
Smoke free workplace
AGAPI Care offers work placements for people completing their Certificate IV in Disability.
Contact email@example.com to discuss further.
Expressions of Interest – Disability Support Workers
As a Disability Support Worker you will provide direct support for people with disabilities, across their lifecycle and in all domains of life to enable access to a quality life with dignity, respect and social inclusion in the least restrictive environment.
Our Disability Support Workers assist in developing and implementing programs aimed at achieving an individual’s goals and aspirations and enhancing the individual’s participation within the community. Our Disability Support Workers work in both respite and supported accommodation providing a range of supports to residents that may include: personal care, health, administration of medicines, exercise and diet, daily household activities and community experiences.
- Certificate IV in Disability (or equivalent)
- First Aid Level 2 Certificate and CPR
- Current Drivers Licence (preferable)
- This position involves shift work, weekend work, sleepover shifts, community access and in home personal care services
You will be required to:
- Assist clients to actively participate within their community
- Provide support that will contribute and improve the wellbeing of your clients through understanding their needs, preferences, and individualised supports
- Range of support services includes: personal care, health, exercise, wellbeing, community engagement, new experiences and goal outcomes
- You will enable your clients to live a quality life with dignity, respect and social inclusion
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Assist clients with complex needs
- Provide support to clients with mental health
- Provide support to clients with behaviours
- Assist clients with medication administration
- Participate in compulsory induction training
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse multicultural workforce and client base
- Reliable and flexible
How to apply
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
All appointments are subject to the pre-employment safety screening checks including: Police Check, Working with Children’s Check, Disability Work Exclusion Scheme, Reference Checks.
To submit your application, please email a covering letter, together with a current resume at firstname.lastname@example.org