AGAPI Care’s services are planned and delivered to a high standard of quality and promote person-centred approaches. Continuous improvement is embedded in the planning, delivering, review and evaluation of our services, systems and processes.
Our quality framework is determined by the state Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) standards and frameworks and the Quality Management Systems of ISO 9001:2008.
Accreditation and Compliance with Standards
AGAPI Care is funded by the state Department of Health and Human Services. As a registered service provider we are required to achieve and maintain accreditation/certification against the department’s standards by an independent review body every 3 years.
The Department’s standards and independent review processes help to ensure quality services that deliver positive outcomes for the Victorian community. The principles of the Department of Human Services Standards (Standards) and independent review process are as follows:
- clients should be at the centre of service delivery with their rights promoted and upheld;
- standard review processes play an important role in ensuring that the policies, processes and systems a service provider has in place consider and uphold client rights and needs;
- standard review processes provide greater assurance to people accessing services and the community about the quality of the services they will receive;
- the Standards ensure continuous quality improvement and support the participation of clients in quality improvement.
AGAPI Care’s last full accreditation review by an Independent Review Body was in May 2015 where we were awarded our Certificate of Registration for the next three years against the:
- Department of Health and Human Services Standards; and
- Quality Management Systems ISO 9001:2008 Standard
Summary of client feedback during the accreditation review:
“All individuals and their family members who attended interviews were extremely satisfied with the quality of care from AGAPI Care. All clients and their family members highlighted that the AGAPI Care team including direct support and management were supportive and accessible all the time. Most individuals noted that they will give AGAPI Care a score of 10 out of 10 for the service they provided and they believed AGAPI goes beyond standard service delivery in listening to individuals and meeting their needs.”
Our next full accreditation review is due to be held in 2018.